Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day 2

I got a bike today!

So apparently there's this guy (named Chris?) who works for the festival. He fixes up about 200 bikes and makes them ready to ride. As student RAs, we went to his tent today, picked out a bike, and signed it out for the summer! For free! I got a sweet road bike. We rode downtown to get student IDs. It was so nice to ride around in the sun and look up at the mountains.

It turns out there are a few other runners on the RA staff; Meredith is training for a marathon and Brightin has run 3 marathons: Philly, Boston and another one. She was actually in Ithaca the same time as me, studying at Cornell and running on their track and cross country team! I will hopefully go for a run with her soon.

Playing is feeling better, touched on William Tell and La Gazza Ladra today. I also spoke with Michael Powell and John Rojak about a possible playing opportuntiy with NRO in a few weeks. It was exciting to chat with them; it definitely got me pumped for the festival to start next week!

So far, I am having a blast!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear things are going well Sarah.....have a great time....Dad

    ReplyDelete